BCRBBahrain Credit Reference Bureau
BCRB, your business’ efficient credit manager
The Bahrain Credit Reference Bureau is a credit-data assimilator, operating under the trade name The Benefit Company BSC (Closed), a company licensed as an Ancillary Service Provider in Bahrain.
The Bureau acts as your business’ efficient credit manager as it receives, maintains, analyzes and classifies your clients’ credit information. As a member of the Bureau, you will be able to access your clients’ credit reports upon request.
All functions and services of the Bureau are determined by the Central Bank.
Rights & Relationships
While your clients are entitled to obtain their credit reports from the Bureau for free once every 12 months, as a member, you may:
Become a Member
The members of the Bahrain Credit Reference Bureau are those who are authorized by the law and government entities, ministries and Central Bank of Bahrain to provide the Bureau with credit information of their clients.
- The Bureau receives complaints/disputes from members, clients and the Central Bank. All complaints are recorded in accordance with the Bureau Code of Practice. In addition, all measures related to complaints the Bureau are documented.
- Members must resolve submitted client disputes, free of charge, within (5) five working days from the date of the dispute and notify the Bureau and the client accordingly.
- In the Bureau’s review, if an anomaly is not detected in the credit information, the Bureau must file it and inform the client of the decision and reason of filing it within one working day from the date of receiving the dispute.
- In case an anomaly is detected and the dispute is accepted, the Bureau must review it and make all necessary corrections in its system and forward it to the member who provided the information to review the dispute.
- Credit reports issued during the dispute review must include a reference to the dispute.
- Once amendments are made in the credit report due to a dispute, the Bureau must notify all enquirers who formerly made previous enquiries and obtained credit reports within the last (3) three months about the amendments.
Correction of Credit Information
It’s important to check that the data is correct and up to date because it can have a powerful impact on your finances.